Cambridge Summer Academy (CSA) offers high school students between the ages of 14 and 19 a unique opportunity to experience life as a student at the prestigious University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom. Participants spend part of their summer in an academically renowned city, studying a subject of their choice, and attending workshops focusing on the university preparation and application process. While studying in Cambridge, students will be accommodated in Magdalene College, one of the constituent colleges of the University of Cambridge. The programme will include lectures and workshops, social activities all delivered at the college. Magdalene College is conveniently located within walking distance of Cambridge city centre, which offers students the opportunity to explore and learn about the rich history of the city.
CSA are extremely motivated, and many plan to apply to prestigious universities such as the University of Oxford, the University of Cambridge and Ivy League Universities in the USA. The CSA programme offers stimulating lectures that help students toward achieving their academic goals.
Aside from the academic aspects, there are a multitude of extra-curricular activities such as excursions to iconic landmarks to learn more about British history. Our dedicated staff organise a number of social and sporting events for delegates to participate in outside of teaching hours.
The Cambridge Summer Academy is accredited by the British Accreditation Council as a Short Course Provider. This accreditation demonstrates our commitment to ensuring our programme is delivered to a high standard.
All courses offered in Cambridge focus on academic teaching, with students able to select electives to create a programme they are interested in. The programme consists of 24 teaching hours for the duration of the programme, is split up equally between each week.
Our faculty members are carefully selected to ensure that students experience the highest quality of teaching, and are able to gain the most from their subjects.
It’s important to note that while we are committed to ensuring all academic electives go ahead, if the number of participants is too low for a particular elective students will attend their second choice instead.
In addition to the 24 teaching hours, the CSA programme includes a series of courses focused on broadening your social network, developing your leadership and teamwork skills, and conquering the university application process. Below you will find a number of workshops we have offered in the past:
- University Selection – The application systems of the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge (UK) will be explained in detail. Participants will be prepared for understanding the procedures and what preparations to make before applying.
- Personal Statement – For a successful application at such prestigious universities, it is essential to submit an exceptional personal statement. CSA delegates will be introduced to and guided in the composition and structure of their own personal statements that can be submitted with their university applications.
- Interview Techniques and Mock Interview – Personal interviews are part of every university application process worldwide and require thorough preparation. Delegates will receive coaching on applications and interviews and take part in mock interviews to simulate real life interview situations. As part of the programme mock interviews will be conducted with all delegates to simulate real life interview situations.
- Debating & Leadership Skills – Our debating workshops have a strong emphasis on critical thinking, leadership skills, teamwork, effective communication as well as individual research skills. Various elective courses will be offered so that CSA delegates are introduced to various university subjects. This will give all delegates a much better understanding of how to choose the best and most suitable topics and courses when attending college or university.
- Intercultural Awareness, Public Speaking, Essay Writing/Referencing, and more.